Skier à Châtel et dans la vallée d'Abondance
Châtel is located in the heart of the french-swiss ski area “Les Portes du Soleil”. This ski area is one of the biggest in Europe and includes 12 linked ski resorts : 8 in France (Avoriaz, Morzine, Montriond, les Gets, St Jean d’Aulps, Abondance, La Chapelle and Châtel) and 4 in Switzerland (Champéry, Torgon, Morgins, les Crosets-Val d’Illiez-Champoussin).
It has 285 ski slopes and 197 ski lifts accessible with one ski pass. From Châtel, we have direct access to Avoriaz, Morgins and Torgon.
The Châtel ski resort offers a large range of possibilities, for all levels.
Châtel is split into two main zones: Barbossine /Super-Châtel and Linga / Pré-la-Joux (between 1 100 et 2 200 meters height). It includes 46 ski slopes namely 6 blacks, 14 reds, 17 blues and 9 greens for a total lenghth of 83 Km and 43 ski lifts.
The Châtel ski pass is also valid in the swiss resort of Torgon, in the sector of the Corbeau (Morgins swiss resort) and in the sector of la Braitaz (La Chapelle d’Abondance resort).
Total: 56 ski lifts and 66 ski slopes being 130 kms to satisfy your thirst of sledge !!
In the Super-Châtel / Barbossine sector, south exposure, you will find the snow park and an area specially fitted out for the beginners.
SKIING IN CHATEL
Châtel village has 5 ski lift starting points starts that allows you to access the Portes du Soleil skiing area directly.
– BARBOSSINE (Petit Châtel area), located at 1km of the village center. Directly connected to Super Châtel (Châtel), Torgon (Switzerland), La Panthiaz (La Chapelle d’Abondance). Perfect for experienced skiiers.
– SUPER CHATEL, located in the village center. It is directly related to Pré la Joux and then to Avoriaz and Morgins (Switzerland). Ideal for beginners and intermediate skiers.
– LINGA, located 1.5 km from the center of Châtel. Ideal for the intermediate and experienced skiers.
– PRE LA JOUX, located 6 km from the center of Châtel. Perfect for all levels. Directly related Avoriaz, Les Crozets (Switzerland).
– VONNES, located 1km away from the center. Link between Super-Chatel and Linga
SKIING IN LA CHAPELLE D'ABONDANCE
– DOMAINE DE BRAITAZ : Braitaz or Panthiaz, a skiing area directly connected to the overall Portes du Soleil area. It is also directly connected to Torgon (Switzerland) and then Barbossine (Châtel). You can access to Pré-la-Joux and Avoriaz by ski.
– CRET BENI: Close to the center of the village, it has around ten ski slopes which will seduce beginners as well as experienced skiers.
SKIING IN ABONDANCE
– L’ESSERT : The Abondance ski resort is the best place for families. It is an area where the kids can have fun while learning how to ski.